The real benefit of Online Scanning is the fact that all of your scandata will be saved in the Backoffice immediately. Also, you are able to continue your online point of sales when you are scanning online.
NOTE: Please keep in mind that scanware software is not compatible with MacBook or any other Apple products.
Click on the images for an enlarged view.
Step 1: Create a Scanware user
If you prefer to use the Online Scan Method, you first have to create a Scanware user.
- Log into the Backoffice
- Select 'Manage'
- Then select ‘Scan & Ticketware'
It isn't necessary to create a Scanware user for every event, so you are able to use existing Scanware users for multiple events. When using an already existing Scanware user, click on the name to see the details. If you need a new Scanware user, follow the steps below.
- Click on ‘Create new Scanware User’
- Fill out the form and click ‘Create’
- Make sure to remember the username and password, which are needed in future steps.
Step 2: Select preferred event
Then activate your Scanware user(s) for the products of your event. First select your event under the tab 'Manage'.
Step 3: Set Scanware permissions
Now that you have selected your event, you are able to go to 'Scanware Permissions'. Here you are able to link products to a specific Scanware user. Linking a product allows that specific user to scan that product. This way you are able to create a Scanware user which is linked to some specific products. For example, you are able to link a user to VIP-tickets for your VIP-entrance.
On this page there is an horizontal overview of all products for your event, while above there are the Scanware users.
- Select 'Is super user' for your Scanware user
- Activate the products (all or specific) for your Scanware user, then select 'Save changes'
We strongly advise you to make your Scanware user a super user by selecting 'Is super user'. This means that your Scanware user is capable to scan all products for your event. It is also possible to link multiple Scanware users separately for specific products, which can be handy when your event is really big which means there are multiple entrances.
Step 4: Download Paylogic scanware
The software needed for scanning during your event is Scanware. This software can be downloaded in the Backoffice. Download and still Scanware using this link.
Step 5: Scanware login
As soon as you have installed the Scanware, you’ll see the following program:
- Log in with the Scanware user created in step 1
- Select 'BackOffice (V2)' as your server
If this doesn’t work, please fill in: api.paylogic.nl
Step 6: Create a scannername
Then Scanware will ask you to create a scannername. We recommend to use names like scanner 1, scanner 2, scanner 3 etc. Select your event and finally click on 'Start scanning'.
Step 7: Scanning
Now connect the USB-scanner to your computer. Scan a ticket by aiming the red laser line (or red block of light) at the barcode. A sound is given when the barcode is read properly, this does not mean that ticket is valid, therefore it is very important to:
- To make sure the text field at the bottom (in front of ‘Scan’) is highlighted with the flickering cursor. If not, the scanner is not able to type the barcode into the field
- Make sure the screen is changing from colour, below the possible messages and colours are given
The following messages can appear after a scan:
Ticket is valid
Ticket is invalid, possible reasons:
Ticket is already scanned by [scannername]
Barcode invalid or reading error
Ticket not accepted by this scanner
When having trouble with scanning, check our troubleshoot by clicking on this link.
Step 8: Reports
In the Backoffice it is possible to check your scan statistics.
- First select 'Reports'
- Then click on 'Custom'
- Select the 'Scan statistics per scanner' report
- Select your event and press 'Generate'
- It is also possible to download the statistics for Excel by selecting 'Download for Excel' under the tab 'Output'.