This manual is applicable for almost every event. Remember, because this type of scanning is done offline, it is impossible to continue sales during the event. If you want the sale to continue during your event, we strongly advise you to make sure you have a stable internet connection on location. Please contact your account manager for further information.
Note: The scan software is not available for .iOs (Apple) systems.
Click on the images for an enlarged view.
Step 1: Create a Scanware user in the Backoffice
First you need a Scanware user for scanning offline.
- Log into the Backoffice
- Select 'Manage'
- Then select ‘Scan & Ticketware'
It isn't necessary to create a Scanware user for every event, so you are able to use existing Scanware users for multiple events. When using an already existing Scanware user, click on the name to see the details. If you need a new Scanware user, follow the steps below.
- Click on ‘Create new Scanware User’
- Fill out the form and click ‘Create’
- Make sure to remember the username and password, which are needed in future steps.
Step 2: Select preferred event
Then activate your Scanware user(s) for the products of your event. First select your event under the tab 'Manage'.
Step 3: Set Scanware Permissions
Now that you have selected your event, you are able to go to 'Scanware Permissions'. Here you are able to link products to a specific Scanware user. Linking a product allows that specific user to scan that product. This way you are able to create a Scanware user which is linked to some specific products. For example, you are able to link a user to VIP-tickets for your VIP-entrance.
On this page there is an horizontal overview of all products for your event, while above there are the Scanware users.
- Select 'Is super user' for your Scanware user
- Activate the products (all or specific) for your Scanware user, then select 'Save changes'
We strongly advise you to make your Scanware user a super user by selecting 'Is super user'. This means that your Scanware user is capable to scan all products for your event. It is also possible to link multiple Scanware users separately for specific products, which can be handy when your event is really big which means there are multiple entrances.
Step 4: Download SPQ
For scanning offline you have to download the SPQ-file, this file contains the information for checking the barcodes/tickets for your event. Later on you can import this file in the scanning software Scanware. You are able to download the SPQ-file in the Backoffice following the steps below.
- Select 'Scanware files'
- Then select 'Download SPQ' for downloading the file
Step 5: Download Scanware
The software needed for scanning during your event is Scanware. This software can be downloaded in the Backoffice. Download and still Scanware using this link.
Step 6: Upload SPQ in Scanware
A stable internet connection is no longer needed now that you've downloaded Scanware and the SPQ-file.
- Open Scanware
- Select ‘Work offline’
- Select ‘Search...’ and import the just downloaded barcode file (SPQ)
- Provide the proper login details (username and password Scanware user)
- Select ‘Start scanning’
- When the Scanware user is a ‘super user’ you are asked to enter a Scannername and select the accepted products. Always highlight the checkbox ‘Show personal details’ to see more information on the screen while scanning.
Step 7: Scanning
Now connect the USB-scanner to your computer. Scan a ticket by aiming the red laser line (or red block of light) at the barcode. A sound is given when the barcode is read properly, this does not mean that ticket is valid, therefore it is very important to:
- To make sure the text field at the bottom (in front of ‘Scan’) is highlighted with the flickering cursor. If not, the scanner is not able to type the barcode into the field.
- Make sure the screen is changing from colour, below the possible messages and colours are given.
The following messages can appear after a scan:
Ticket is valid
Ticket is invalid, possible reasons:
Ticket is already scanned by [scannername]
Barcode invalid or reading error
Ticket not accepted by this scanner
When having trouble with scanning, check our troubleshoot by clicking on this link.
Step 8: Push statistics
When scanning offline, your laptop is not connected to the Backoffice. If you want an overview of your scan statistics, you need to push your statistics. Follow the steps below for pushing your scan statistics.
- After your event is finished, connect your laptop to the internet and select 'File'
- Then select 'Upload barcodes' to export your scan statistics into the Backoffice.