Step 1: Create the scan user(s)
Select 'Scanning (beta)' and thereafter 'Users'. To create a new user select 'Create user'.
You will at least need as many users as there will be entrance/scan lanes on the event. These people will have the scan role. Each person will be provided with their own login.
The Admin will be able to get in the Backoffice to see the scan statistics. Admin users are able to scan their selves.
Step 3: Scan operation
Select 'Create operation' to create a new scanning operation
Make sure the name of the event is correct and easy to find. At ‘Events’, you will find all the events you are affiliated with. At ‘Users’ you are able to select which persons you want to provide access to this specific operation. Their role is stated behind their names.
Step 4: Scan session
Within the scan operation you are able to open a session. A session could have multiple entrances or groups of entrances. For example sessions can be created for multiple days with specific settings.
Note: Multiple sessions will be shown alphabetically and not in order of creation. You can change this by adding a label in alphabetical order, such as A) Sunday, B) Monday, C) Tuesday.
Step 5: Entrances
The next step is setting the entrances . These are divided in ‘Entrance Groups’ and ‘Entrances’.
Entrance groups cover the group of single entrances that will use the same settings. For example, a car and bus entrance will be put together in a group if they have the same tickets, but will not be combined with a VIP entrance. You will probably name the entrance group ‘Regular’, ‘VIP’. or even 'Parking'.
It is possible to have multiple entrances in a group as well as several entrance groups.
- Entrance groups will be set first. Give your entrance group a clear name.
- Then set your entrances within the entrance group. E.g. Car and bus or North and South. To make sure the entrances are obvious and clear for everyone, match them to the actual names that will be used on the location of the event.
- Make sure to save your work before moving on to ‘Manage'.
Step 6: User access permissions & products
If you have set everything in the tab ‘Edit operation’, move on to ‘Manage operation’. You will find this below the title of your operation (make sure you save everything first!). When opening you will be able to set your previously set up users, sessions, entrance groups and entrances.
- With the buttons ‘Select all’ and ‘Deselect all’ on top of the screen you can manage everything with just one click.
- A session can be chosen per scan user. For instance, if a person will only work on Friday or Saturday.
- Furthermore, you are able to choose which entrance the scan user is allowed to scan by checking the box. This will be easier when you’ve added the entrances in the scan user names.
- When finishing the settings of every user, move on to the product configuration. When the settings are correctly set, it should be possible to add the products to the sessions and entrance groups. When the sessions and entrance groups have logical names, this will be an easy task.
- In case you work with subproducts: All subproducts can be assigned in the same way. Just choose a session and an entrance to use it on.
Do not forget to save your operation!
Step 7: Generate QR code for scanning
After you have configured your scanning operation you can press the ‘Generate configuration code’ button on the top right of the screen. This opens a pop-up with an automatically retrieved QR code, which can be used to access the operation from the scan app (from the ‘Scan URL’ screen). Make sure you select the desired user for this specific action and press ‘Generate’. This action should be repeated for every new user.
Step 8: Reporting Dashboard
The reporting dashboard in the back office gives you access to (real-time) statistics and charts for your operation(s). Click ‘View Reporting’ from the scanning operations screen to access this section.
Our reporting dashboard shows your statistics in real time. Real time statistics do however require that you perform your scanning in an online environment (by connecting your scan devices to any available internet source). When the scanning is done offline, the scanner first should be connected to an online environment for updating the statistics.
You have a number of settings which can be used to customize reporting to your liking. You can find these options on the left panel. Select the desired options and press ‘Apply’ to activate. Standard settings are set to show successful scans.
Our diagrams provide you with more information when it comes to your scans per interval, cumulative scans within a certain period, scans per product (which enables you to easily find show/no-show for all separate products or your totals) and statistics for sessions, entrances and scan users. You can zoom in on a specific interval. For more details or export to CSV file by pressing the page icon top right.