The General Data Protection Law (GDPR/AVG) will be in effect as of May 25, 2018 and describes how organisations - including Paylogic - must collect, process and store personal information. Personal information is any form of information that directly or indirectly relates, or can be related to (a) natural person(s). The rules of the GDPR apply to the processing of personal data wholly or partly by automated means and the to the personal data that’s part of a database.
The GDPR is underpinned by eight important principles. These say that personal data must:
- Be processed fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner
- Be processed only for specific, legitimate purposes
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose of processing
- Be accurate and kept up to date
- Not be held for any longer than necessary
- Processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects
- Be protected in appropriate ways
- Not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA), unless that country or territory also ensures an adequate level of protection
Paylogic is happy to inform you that we are GDPR compliant, and we would like to help you to become compliant with regard to your own responsibilities too!