Do you prefer using your trusted laptop and USB scanner? Then the Web Client is the solution you are looking for. Our updated scan solution is now also available via your web browser. A stable internet connection is required, offline scanning is not possible. This manual explains how to get started.
Start the Web Client
NOTE: Before you can start using the Web Client, a scan operation must be created. You can read in this article how to do this.
In the Backoffice, go to Manage → Scanning → Operations. Open the scan operation you want to use. You will be taken directly to the ‘Edit scan operation’ page. At the right, you see the black ‘Scan in browser’ button, click to open in a new window.
Log in with your scan user and password
Log in with the scan user* you have linked to the scan operation. If you forgot the details, you can change the password. In this article you will read how. Note: login details are case-sensitive. Press Submit to log in.
*This is the username created to log in for scanning purposes. This is a different user than the regular Backoffice login.
At the left side of the screen, select the session and entrance in which you want to scan. Use the USB scanner to scan the barcode of the ticket. If for some reason the barcode is unclear, you can type the 13 numbers of the barcode and click on the pink scan button.
Five different results can appear during scanning:
- Valid: The screen turns green and the visitor can go through;
- Invalid: The screen turns red and the visitor cannot go through. The ticket is most likely canceled or the payment has not been fulfilled. You can look up more details in the Backoffice;
- Already seen: The barcode has been scanned. Click on details for more information;
- Unknown: The ticket is not recognized and cannot be found in the scan operation. Check the settings in the scan operation in the Backoffice. It could be a ticket from another edition or event;
- Not allowed: The ticket is not allowed at this entrance. E.g. a Regular ticket at the VIP entrance.
Look up orders
When logged in with an admin user, you can also lookup orders for visitors who forgot their ticket. On top of the page, click on Search. Now you can search for the ticket by filling in the name, order number, barcode, or e-mail address. Click on ‘Search’ to see the results. Note: if an order contains more than one ticket, you will see a result for each ticket. When clicking on a result, you can see all the details and at the bottom you can scan the ticket.
Real-time scan statistics
The Web Client is connected to the Backoffice. Therefore it is possible to view the real-time scan statistics in the reports dashboard. This article explains more about the scan dashboard.